> Continuity Watch: Episodes 5836-5855
Soap operas are often infamous for forgetting important details or, with one sentence, completely changing the course of history, and Neighbours is no exception. But it's also capable of dropping in subtle references to past characters and storylines to give us a better idea of a character's motivations, or simply to bring back memories for long-term viewers. Our monthly column, Continuity Watch, looks at the continuity issues, both good and bad, episode by episode. We've also incorporated Lou Watch, our monthly look at the antics of the much underused Ramsay Street veteran Lou Carpenter, just so we can all be sure he's actually still around.
* Paul contacts his ex-wife, Christina, regarding Andrew.
* Andrew 's date of birth is shown as 20th August 1993, despite him being born in episode 1563 which aired in Australia on 13th November 1991.
* Father Sean Corrigan is mentioned as being the new priest, presumably replacing Father Capetola, although the church which Catholic, Lyn, attends has also changed.
* Mentions of Elle Robinson & Dan Fitzgerald.
* Mention of Toadie's time on UniFM.
* Mentions of Max Hoyland & Dan Fitzgerald.
* Mention of Dan Fitzgerald.
* Mention of Lanzini's restaurant.
* Reference to Christina Robinson.
* Mentions of Dan Fitzgerald & 'Found Girl' Sunny Lee.
* Zeke comments to Mia about PirateNet that 'most people can't find this place, let alone get in' - despite almost every resident of Ramsay Street having found & been in the station at one point or another.
* Mentions of Lolly Allen, Holly Hoyland & Rachel Kinski.
* Karl mentions that Rachel was accepted at Oxford University.
* Reference to Zeke & Donna having dated briefly.
* Reference to Toadie's aforementioned Celine Dion obsession.
* Lou receives news that his daughter, Lauren, has been in a horse-riding accident.
* Mentions of Lauren Carpenter & Elle Robinson.
* Ringo refers to Number 28 as 'The Kennedys' rather than home.
* Reference to various points in Toadie's past, including him being a widower to Dee and his failed wedding to Steph.
* Mention of Lanzini's.
* Mention of neighbouring suburb, Elliott Park.
* Mention that Lauren requires surgery & has to have pins put in her leg.
* Ringo's friendship with Callum is remembered.
* Andrew mentions meeting someone in The Coffee Shop.
* Mention of Elle Robinson as Donna prepares a video message.
* Mentions of Steve & Miranda Parker and Christina Robinson.
* Reference to Callum meeting the Batista.
* Sophie mentions having English with Miss Mayberry, a nod to Neighbours writer, Sarah.
* The cake which Andrew steals is for the wedding of Neal & Katherine - a possible nod to producer Neal Kingston.
* Mention of Oscar Scully.
* Lyn makes reference to Susan marrying Karl three times.
* Reference to Elle Robinson.
* Mention of Lanzini's.
* Reference to Lyn poisoning the Deb Ball.
* Reference to Ringo's dislike of his hometown of Muttatang.
* The open front door on the exterior of Number 22 yet again shows the door into the garage which is missing on the interior set.
* Reference to Dan Fitzgerald.
* Mention of Elle Robinson.
* Susan comments to Sonya that Libby is practically Toadie's sister.
* Watches a Vampire film with Harry & Sophie.
* Clashes with Harry over what is best for Kate.
* Receives advice from Karl about how to handle Harry & makes up with him.
* Tells the kids that the DHS are planning to visit them next week.
* Learns that Lauren has been in a horse riding accident.
* Worries about Lauren, but doesn't want to leave the Ramsays alone, especially with the impending visit from the DHS. After being talked around by Kate, he eventually decides to go & see Lauren in hospital.
* Leaves to visit Lauren & says his goodbyes to everyone.
* Speaks to the Ramsays on the phone from Queensland and updates them on Lauren's condition. Asks Sophie how she is feeling about her first day of High School the next day.
* Harry & Kate ring Lou in order to record his voice for when the DHS return. He gives them advice on using the lawn mower.
* Phones from Queensland to check on the Ramsays and worries about Kate dating Kyle, suggesting that she take a chaperone along with her.
* Receives a phone call from Kate who has accidentally rung him instead of Donna. She tells him that she can't go through with the date, but Lou tells her that it's too late to back out now, but to make sure that Kyle keeps his hands to himself.
Previous | Index
| Next >