> Continuity Watch: Episodes 5916-5935
Soap operas are often infamous for forgetting important details or, with one sentence, completely changing the course of history, and Neighbours is no exception. But it's also capable of dropping in subtle references to past characters and storylines to give us a better idea of a character's motivations, or simply to bring back memories for long-term viewers. Our monthly column, Continuity Watch, looks at the continuity issues, both good and bad, episode by episode. We've also incorporated Lou Watch, our monthly look at the antics of the much underused Ramsay Street veteran Lou Carpenter, just so we can all be sure he's actually still around.
* Reference to Susan having been Principal of Erinsborough High.
*Reference to Dan Fitzgerald.
* Establishing shot of Number 30 used before a scene at Number 28.
* References to Sarah Beaumont, Holly Hoyland, Jill Ramsay, Bridget Parker and Anna-Claire Hoyland.
* In Libby's nightmare that she's dating her father, Doug sings Karl's song Free as a River.
* Mention of Susan having been a teacher.
* Reference to Bridget's love of chocolate cake.
* Mention of Oscar Scully.
* Mention of Susan's chocolate stash and her continually moving it.
* Out of date establishing shot of Number 32 used.
* Reference to Donna having stalked Ty Harper.
* Reference to Summer's return, with people thinking she was an intruder.
* Steph finds a lump on her breast.
* Reference to Max trying to have Steph committed for refusing chemotherapy during her pregnancy with Charlie.
* Catholic Lyn reminds Steph and Toadie that marriage is a Holy Sacrament.
* Reference to Toadie's previous two weddings.
* Reference to Donna's history of stalking.
* Reference to Steph's cancer.
* Mention of Ringo having been tutored by Libby & Susan.
* Mention of Oscar Scully.
* Lyn plans to go back to Shelley Bay.
* Lyn makes reference to Susan being having been an interfering mother-in-law, which in part destroyed Libby and Dan's relationship.
* Lou looks after his godson, Ben.
* Serves Kate a carrot juice as he thinks she's too wired for another coffee.
* Reassures Kate after a bad day teaching at the high school.
* Does the dishes with Rebecca.
* Joins in the Mother's Day Picnic, throwing cake at Rebecca.
* Tells Harry & Summer that he has a blind date, which they realise is with Lyn.
* Has an awful date with a decoy.
* Collects old scrap furniture to sell for a profit, planning to use the money to buy a banana lounge.
* Congratulates Toadie on his engagement and asks if he'll go through with it this time as he doesn't want to waste his money on a present if they aren't.
* Meets with the Bloke's Club and tries to find a date for Steph & Toadie's wedding that doesn't conflict with a major sporting event.
* Hurts his thumb repairing furniture at the Bloke's Club.
* Looks after Ben at Harold's Store.
Previous | Index
| Next >