> Continuity Watch: Episodes 5976-5995
Soap operas are often infamous for forgetting important details or, with one sentence, completely changing the course of history, and Neighbours is no exception. But it's also capable of dropping in subtle references to past characters and storylines to give us a better idea of a character's motivations, or simply to bring back memories for long-term viewers. Our monthly column, Continuity Watch, looks at the continuity issues, both good and bad, episode by episode. We've also incorporated Lou Watch, our monthly look at the antics of the much underused Ramsay Street veteran Lou Carpenter, just so we can all be sure he's actually still around.
* Toadie and Steph read Harold's History of Ramsay Street.
* Daniel Fitzgerald's voice is heard and he is mentioned.
* Mentions of Drew Kirk and Daniel Fitzgerald.
* Reference to Libby & Steph's bike accident.
* Reference to Steph, Toadie and Libby all having been friends for 10 years.
* Mention of Declan stripping.
* Reference to Kate dancing on her bad ankle.
* Mention of Daniel Fitzgerald.
* Reference to Daniel Fitzgerald, Harry Ramsay, Izzy and Holly Hoyland.
* Reference to the length of the friendship between Karl, Susan and Lyn.
* Mention of Lou having lived in Ramsay Street for 18 years.
* Reference to Harold Bishop.
* Reference to Grace, Sean and Daniel Fitzgerald
* Mention of Drew & Libby's wedding, Steph and Libby dancing on the bar in Shepparton, Libby & Steph's bike accident.
* Reference to Daniel Fitzgerald and Joe Scully.
* Mention of Paul having been an air steward.
* Guest appearance by Rosemary Daniels.
* Lou buys back his former car yard, which appears to have moved from it's previous location.
* Reference to the Eastside Dingoes team song.
* Paul gives Callum a Collector's Edition of The Art of War for his birthday.
* Mention of Dan Fitzgerald.
* Reference to Declan & Bridget eloping.
* Toadie's love of Celine Dion remembered.
* Reference to the rafting accident as Zeke suggests a fishing trip for Ringo's Bucks Night.
* Guest appearance by Rosemary Daniels.
* Lou tells Karl that he can't say that he's ever seen Dahl outside of the Kennedy house, clearly a lie given that Dahl used to live with Lou at Number 22.
* Declan speaks to Rosemary Daniels on the phone.
* Prue Brown returns for Donna & Ringo's wedding.
* Reference to Karl's guitar playing and his failed attempts at carpentry and farming.
* Karl makes a reference to Toadie having been a big part of their family.
* Reference to Karl's time on PirateNet.
* The Erinsborough High Emus play Elliot Park High, the school which Toadie successfully stopped a merger with in 1997.
* Reference to and guest appearance by Rosemary Daniels.
* Lou returns to Ramsay Street and tries to broker peace between the warring Kennedy and Scully families.
* Gives Kate and Sophie presents from Harry.
* Finds himself caught between the feuding Kennedy and Scully families once again and asks them what Harold would think of it.
* Serves Ben with a cupcake at Harold's Store and advises him to ask Libby why his family aren't talking to the Scullys.
* Tries to resolve the conflict between Callum and Toadie by banning Callum from Harold's, Charlie's and Grease Monkeys until he apologises to everyone he hurt in his radio broadcast.
* Enlists Toadie's help to buy back his old car yard, however ends up paying more than intended after Callum puts an end to him ploy to get the price reduced.
* Re-opens his car yard and complains about the galah that keeps hanging around.
* Claims the galah as his mascot and argues with Karl after he realises that it's Dahl.
* Celebrates Callum's birthday.
* Speaks to Karl, Susan and Lucas on the phone.
* Appears in an advert for Erinsborough Motors, which he tells Lucas was a disaster due to his acting. Argues with Karl over the galah.
* Argues with Karl after he steals the giant galah from the car yard in a bid to get Dahl to come home.
* Uses Number 30 to spy on the Kennedy house.
Previous | Index
| Next >