> Continuity Watch: Episodes 5636-5655
Soap operas are often infamous for forgetting important details or, with one sentence, completely changing the course of history, and Neighbours is no exception. But it's also capable of dropping in subtle references to past characters and storylines to give us a better idea of a character's motivations, or simply to bring back memories for long-term viewers. Our monthly column, Continuity Watch, looks at the continuity issues, both good and bad, episode by episode. We've also incorporated Lou Watch, our monthly look at the antics of the much underused Ramsay Street veteran Lou Carpenter, just so we can all be sure he's actually still around.
* Afro Donna continues & Libby blames her obvious pain on overdoing it on the tuba.
* Karl & Susan worry for Libby's life, as they realise that she's pregnant, due to the injuries caused by her motorcycle accident in episode 3558 and her nearly dying when giving birth to Ben in 3920/3921.
Episode 5641 onwards
* Despite the change of name to Kennedy-Fitzgerald, Libby continues to be credited seperately from her husband, who ordinarily should be moved to join Libby in the Kennedy 'family' block of the credits, followed by Dan's brother, Lucas.
* Mentions of Mal, Catherine and baby Holly as Rachel tells Karl & Susan about the scholarship in London.
* Mentions of Alex and how proud he would be of Rachel.
* Zeke flashes back to the river after the raft capsized.
* Number 32 has an unmentioned new back door.
* Miranda asks Steve to look after the goldfish she's bought for Mickey on Ned & Kirsten's behalf.
* Mickey lends Ned's old guitar to Ty so that he can play at his party. Oddly, he needed guitarists, Karl & Justine, to accompany him during his Oodles'o'Noodles days.
* Mickey celebrates his birthday in March, despite his last on-screen birthday being in September.
* Dan rules out Malcolm as a baby name, but Libby quickly reminds him of her brother, before they decide to name their baby Grace, after Susan's mum.
* References to Libby's bike accident & injuries.
* Bridget lets go of a balloon labelled Riley, stating he has his to live his own life, and also references her mum, Joanna.
* Further references to Libby's bike accident & injuries.
* The whiteboard on the fridge at Number 26 states 'Revenge is a dish best served cold', a line said by Paul to Simon in 5650.
* An out of date establishing shot of Number 32 is used.
* Steph & Toadie look at a page about Libby in 1994 in Harold's book of Ramsay Street
* More references to Libby's motorbike accident & injuries.
* Paul interrupts Elle & Lucas in bed, as Gail is on the phone.
* An out of date establishing shot of Number 30 is used, again.
* Lou was away for the whole period, spending time up north with Harold, but he did get a nice updated shot in the opening titles. So that's something.
Previous | Index
| Next >